1. Privacy statement Wabtec Netherlands
Wabtec Netherlands respects the privacy of its business relations, and the users of our products and services. Wabtec Netherlands will only process personal data in so far as is necessary for the proper fulfillment of its services.
2. Build up statement
This document explains for what purpose we process personal data. We also explain for which services we process the data, and on what legal basis we can do this. The sharing of data with other parties has been explained, as well as the processing of personal data outside the EU. The security of personal data is dealt with together with the processing of the retention periods. Lastly, a section has been added about which rights you have and the possibility to file a complaint or contact Akapp-Stemmann.
3. Values we handle
Wabtec Netherlands processes your personal data carefully, safely and reliably. We think it is imperative that you have confidence in our organization. This is why we will do everything to protect your privacy. The rules on protecting your privacy are laid down in the General Data Protection Regulation, whereby the Local Data Protection Authority supervises compliance with the law. Akapp-Stemmann acts within the framework of the law.
Wabtec Netherlands does not provide personal data to third parties, unless the legislator so requires, or unless the person whose data is being processed gives permission.
Wabtec Netherlands may use external service providers or processors for the execution of certain tasks. We will ensure that these external service providers or processors comply with the legal framework in relation to the protection of personal data.
Wabtec Netherlands ensures proper security of all personal data by taking suitable organizational measures and with the use of modern technical IT facilities.
We do not store your data for longer than it is necessary to achieve the objectives stated in this privacy statement.
4. Third parties
Wabtec Netherlands does not collect data from third parties
We do not provide your personal data to other parties, unless it is necessary for the execution of the agreement or to fulfill a legal obligation.
5. Data processing purposes
The only data we process is received from the people involved. We process the data for the following purposes:
- To send newsletters to our customers
- To send invitations for events
- For product announcements
- To fulfill our obligations to our customers and suppliers
- To send invoices
- To answer customer questions
- To confirm registrations
- To review our services by our customers
6. Legal basis
We use your data based on the following legal basis:
Agreement: In many cases, it is necessary to use several types of your personal data in order to be able to offer you the service, or product that you wish to purchase from us. In that case, the use of your data is necessary for the contract.
Legal Obligation: In these cases, you are obliged to provide information to us, otherwise we cannot meet our legal and/or contractual obligations.
7. Existence of automated individual decision-making
Wabtec Netherlands does not use automated individual decision-making, as this is not necessary for our services. This means that Wabtec Netherlands, for example, do not do profiling.
Wabtec Netherlands does currently not spread any Newsletter on a regular basis, however incidently we inform our customers about our products and events. You are able to unsubscribe at any time, just click on unsubscribe at the bottom of our newsletter.
We are using cookies on our website, these cookies will only be used to make statistic users analysis. The data that we receive is fully anonymous and does not contain any personal details.
10. Data outside the EU
Wabtec Netherlands is based on the principle that personal data can only be processed within the EU. Since the GDPR is applicable within the EU, an appropriate level of protection can in principle always be guaranteed.
11. Data security
Because the security of personal data is extremely important, Wabtec Netherlands ensures that we take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that the personal data cannot be misused, or otherwise end up in the hands of the wrong person/organisation. We ensure that if we transfer your personal data to other organizations such as processors, these organizations maintain the same high standards as Wabtec Netherlands.
12. Rights you have
Wabtec Netherlands believes it is important that you exercise the rights that you are entitled to by law. This is why we are easily contactable via the website. You can exercise the following rights:
- The right of inspection: You have the right to inspect the personal data we process about you
- The right of correction:If the personal data we process about you is not correct, you have the right to adjust it.
- The right of removal: If we no longer need your personal data for the purpose for which we received it, you have the right to ask us to remove it. There are a few exceptions, such as our duty to keep certain data for example the tax authorities.
- The right of limitation: During the period in which we are in the process of determining whether your data must be rectified, determining the (un) lawfulness of data processing, determining whether data must be deleted or you have objected to the processing, you have the right to request the restriction of processing.
- The right of data portability: At your request, we must transfer all personal data that we have about you to you, or another organization of your choice. You can only exercise this right if the data is processed on the basis of permission or agreement.
- The right of objection: If we process data on the grounds of legitimate interest or public interest, it is possible to raise an objection after which a weighing of interests will follow. In the case of direct marketing you always have the right of objection.
13. Submit a complaint to the competent authority: Authority for Personal Data
Wabtec Netherlands believes it is extremely important to have satisfied customers. Even though we do everything we can to achieve this, you may still not be satisfied. If this is the case, it is possible to submit a complaint to the Local Data Protection Authority, if it concerns the protection of personal data. This can be done via: